Green Sun Association is searching for volunteer for an ESC (European Solidarity Corps) project in Targu Secuiesc, Transylvania, Romania. We need volunteers for 12 month.
ESC is a unique opportunity for young people to enrich their inter-cultural experience of being a European citizen – making friends from many countries and having a memorable opportunity to contribute to the lives of others! The venues of their activities will be in the small town of Targu Secuiesc. Have in mind that the activities of the project can be adapted also according to your proposals if they fit whit the project objectives and they are feasible to do in this region. This project is coordinated by Green Sun Association with more than 10 years of experience in coordinating EVS/ESC projects.
Dates of the stage: 01.09.2022 - 27.08.2023 (12 month)
Volunteer project: Project related to sport, environment protecting, rural areas, training and partnership activities.
The tasks for volunteers will be: During the project the volunteers take part in different activities:
- promoting non-formal learning and volunteering in the community
- They also conduct activities in afterschools with kids, crafts, sports, workshops, etc
- develop new programmes together wit the local volunteers in the theme of sport
- organizing cultural events including country presentations, traditional dances and music etc
- Different articles and materiales for the web page and Facebook, create videos, dissemination activities, materials, articles, pictures, etc. .
- organizing hiking trips to the nearby mountains under the supervision of the volunteer coordinator
- Organizing cinema nights in the community and the surrounding villages.
- Realization different videos to promote Green Sun and ESC
- Seasonal activities: like Summer camps for kids in town and local area, helping in the promotion of Nemere Trail - the biggest greenway for bicycles in Covasna County
Division of the time:
- New technologies (Computers, webpage, blog, articles, photos) (20 % of the time)
- Sport (bike events, ping-pong, athletics, board games, etc. ) (25% of the time)
- Collaboration in the school – After school activities (25% of the time)
- Workshops (10% of the time)
- Youth activities (10 % of the time)
- Video (Editing and creating different videos) (5% of the time)
- Other 5%
For us this project and volunteers will be a good supply of creativity, new activities for the organization, cooperation, inspiring, enriching existing activities, contribution to the partner organizations, provide new knowledge and tools, approaches, ideas and suggestions, visibility, impact, broadcasting and new cultures that volunteers bring to the community.
Profile of the volunteer:
Therefore, the ideal profile we would like is:
- responsible persons with open mind.
- communicative, friendly and positive attitude.
- interest in the topic of the project: either in activity 1 or 2, or in both.
- able to follow an activity plan, and also to prepare and lead an activity.
- comfortable with working with all age groups (with the focus of young people).
- between 18 and 30 years of age.
- attentive to the needs of the young people the volunteer will work with, and to the needs of our organization.
- interested in supporting the activities of other institutions they will work with and the activities they do.
For more details please follow this link:
So, if you think you can fulfill all the requests from the call and if you think that this ESC is suitable for you, don't hesitate to send us your CV before on the 10 of July 2022 at our e-mail: email@example.com. It is possible we would like to speak with candidates (preferably Skype), so please put your skype in your CV. We will contact you soon AFTER the application deadline is over. All applicants will be informed about the decision. For further questions you can contact with us via e-mail.