Green Sun Association is searching for a russian volunteer for an already approved EVS project in Targu Secuiesc, Transylvania, Romania. The project is financed through the European Voluntary Service (EVS) programme of the European Commission. The venues of their activities will be in the small town of Targu Secuiesc. This project is coordinated by Green Sun Association with more than 6 years of experience in coordinating EVS projects.
Period of EVS-project and application deadline: We are currently searching for:
- one volunteer from Russia who can start 4th May 2018. The finishing date is 28th April 2019 (12 months). "SFERA" Movement is the sending organisation. To apply for this position please send your application by the 10th March 2018, to Irina Nikulina, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The interviews will be held soon after the 25th March 2018.
Volunteer project: Project related to sport, environment protecting, rural areas, training and partnership activities.
The tasks for volunteers will be:
Will support the activities of the association, specific activities, workshops, courses, outdoor activities and activities that they propose.
- promoting non-formal learning and volunteering in the community
- They also conduct activities in afterschools with kids, crafts, sports, workshops, etc
- develop new programmes together wit the local volunteers in the theme of sport
- organizing cultural events including country presentations, traditional dances and music etc
- Different articles and materiales for the web page and Facebook, create videos, dissemination activities, materials, articles, pictures, etc. .
- organizing hiking trips to the nearby mountains under the supervision of the volunteer coordinator
- Organizing cinema nights in the community and the surrounding villages.
- Realization different videos to promote Green Sun and EVS
- Seasonal activities: like Summer camps for kids in town and local area, helping in the promotion of Nemere Trail - the biggest greenway for bicycles in Covasna County
Division of the time:
- New technologies (Computers, webpage, blog, articles, photos) (20 % of the time)
- Sport (bike events, ping-pong, athletics, board games, etc. ) (25% of the time)
- Collaboration in the school – After school activities (25% of the time)
- Workshops (10% of the time)
- Youth activities (10 % of the time)
- Video (Editing and creating different videos) (5% of the time)
- Other 5%
The project means a good supply of creativity, new activities for the organization, cooperation, inspiring, enriching existing activities, contribution to the partner organizations, provide new knowledge and tools, approaches, ideas and suggestions, visibility, impact, broadcasting and new cultures that volunteers bring to the community.
Profile of the volunteer:
- at least conversational knowledge of English
- open and receptive attitude, addicted spirit to sport
- sensitivity to environmental problems
- ability to work in a team and work individually as well
- creativity and sociability
- basic PC and internet skills
For more details please follow this link:
Applications should include a cover letter, CV (Curriculum Vitae - a short resume of education, trainings, and personal skills), possible references, and contact information. It is possible we would like to speak with candidates (preferably Skype), so please put your skype in your CV. We will contact you soon AFTER the application deadline is over. For further questions you can contact with us via e-mail. More information about the project you can find in the attached call.