Green Sun Association is searching for a volunteer for an already approved ESC project in Transylvania, Romania. The project is financed through the European Solidarity Corps (ESC) programme of the European Commission. The venue will be in the small town of Targu Secuiesc. This project is coordinated by Green Sun Association with more than 7 years of experience in coordinating ESC/EVS projects.
Period of ESC-project and application deadline: We are currently searching for:
- 1 volunteer from all countries who can start at 4th May 2019. The finishing date is 28th April 2020 (12 months). To apply for this position please send your application till 18th April 2019, to Ráduly Attila at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The interviews will be held after the 19th April 2019.
Volunteer project :
Project related to sport, environment protecting, rural areas, training and partnership activities.
The tasks for volunteers will be:
Will support the activities of the association, specific activities, workshops, courses, outdoor activities and activities that they propose.
- promoting non-formal learning and volunteering in the community
- activities in afterschools with kids, crafts, sports, workshops, etc
- develop new programmes together wit the local volunteers in the theme of sport and environment
- organizing cultural events including country presentations, traditional dances and music
- Different articles and materiales for the web page and Facebook, create videos, dissemination activities, materials, articles, pictures, etc. .
- organizing hiking trips to the nearby mountains under the supervision of the volunteer coordinator
- Promoting compost and recycling, selective waste
- Video editing for Green Sun Association and ESC
- Seasonal activities: like Summer camps for kids in town and local area
- promotion of Nemere Trail - the biggest greenway for bicycles in Covasna County
Division of the time:
- New technologies (Computers, webpage, blog, articles, photos) (20 % of the time)
- Sport (bike events, ping-pong, athletics, board games, etc. ) (25% of the time)
- Collaboration in the school – After school activities (25% of the time)
- Workshops (10% of the time)
- Youth activities (10 % of the time)
- Video (Editing and creating different videos) (5% of the time)
- Other 5%
Profile of the volunteer:
- conversational knowledge of a foreign language (e.g. english)
- open and receptive attitude, addicted spirit to sport
- sensitivity to environmental problems
- ability to work in a team and work individually as well
- ability to work with kids
- creativity and sociability
- basic PC and internet skills
- registered to ESC
For more details please follow this link:
Applications should include a cover letter, CV (Curriculum Vitae - a short resume of education, trainings, and personal skills), possible references, and contact information. As we will held the interviews trough Skype please do not forget to includ your Skype user as well. We will contact you soon AFTER the application deadline is over. For further questions you can contact with us via e-mail. More information about the project you can find in the attached call.