Green Sun Association is searching for volunteers for an EVS project in Targu Secuiesc, Transylvania, Romania. The project was approved in April 2019 and the voluntary stage will start on 3th of May 2020. We need volunteers from Austria, Georgia and Hungary and the stage will last for 12 months.
EVS is a unique opportunity for young people to enrich their inter-cultural experience of being a European citizen – making friends from many countries and having a memorable opportunity to contribute to the lives of others! The venues of their activities will be in the small town of Targu Secuiesc. Have in mind that the activities of the project can be adapted also according to your proposals if they fit whit the project objectives and they are feasible to do in this region. This project is coordinated by Green Sun Association with more than 8 years of experience in coordinating EVS projects.
Proiect title: Heal the earth
Dates of the stage: 3 of May 2020 – 27 of April 2021 (12 months)
Volunteer project: Project related to sport, environment protecting, rural areas, training and partnership activities.
The tasks for volunteers will be: During the project the volunteers take part in different activities:
- promoting non-formal learning and volunteering in the community
- They also conduct activities in afterschools with kids, crafts, sports, workshops, etc
- develop new programmes together wit the local volunteers in the theme of sport
- organizing cultural events including country presentations, traditional dances and music etc
- Different articles and materiales for the web page and Facebook, create videos, dissemination activities, materials, articles, pictures, etc. .
- organizing hiking trips to the nearby mountains under the supervision of the volunteer coordinator
- Organizing cinema nights in the community and the surrounding villages.
- Realization different videos to promote Green Sun and ESC
- Seasonal activities: like Summer camps for kids in town and local area, helping in the promotion of Nemere Trail - the biggest greenway for bicycles in Covasna County
Division of the time:
- New technologies (Computers, webpage, blog, articles, photos) (20 % of the time)
- Sport (bike events, ping-pong, athletics, board games, etc. ) (25% of the time)
- Collaboration in the school – After school activities (25% of the time)
- Workshops (10% of the time)
- Youth activities (10 % of the time)
- Video (Editing and creating different videos) (5% of the time)
- Other 5%
For us this project and volunteers will be a good supply of creativity, new activities for the organization, cooperation, inspiring, enriching existing activities, contribution to the partner organizations, provide new knowledge and tools, approaches, ideas and suggestions, visibility, impact, broadcasting and new cultures that volunteers bring to the community.
Profile of the volunteer:
- conversational knowledge of a foreign language (e.g. english)
- open and receptive attitude, addicted spirit to sport
- sensitivity to environmental problems
- ability to work in a team and work individually as well
- creativity and sociability
- basic PC and internet skills
For more details please follow this link:
So, if you think you can fulfill all the requests from the call and if you think that this EVS is suitable for you, don't hesitate to send us your CV before 10 of November 2019 at our e-mail: email@example.com. It is possible we would like to speak with candidates (preferably Skype), so please put your skype in your CV. We will contact you soon AFTER the application deadline is over. All applicants will be informed about the decision. For further questions you can contact with us via e-mail.
More information about the project you can find in the attached call.